Science Gallery International is seeking an Admin Officer
Reporting to the Global Engagement and Insights Manager, and working directly with the management team, the Admin Officer will provide administrative and project support to the team that supports and connects the network of Universities which drive the Global Science Gallery Network.
ABOUT SCIENCE GALLERY INTERNATIONAL (SGI)
Science Gallery International is the non-profit, charitable organisation catalysing the growth of the Global Science Gallery Network, providing services, tools and resources required to power and expand the network. For more about SGI please see international.sciencegallery.com.
Key responsibilities for the Admin Officer will include but not be limited to:
- Providing office support to the Global Operations Manager and other team members as required including office purchasing, filing, and systems support
- Managing office facilities and liaising with suppliers, landlord, maintenance contractors, arranging cleaning materials.
- administrative tasks for the SGI team including organising travel itineraries, booking accommodation, arranging visas as necessary.
- Working with members of the SGI team to maintain excellent project documentation and records.
- Working with the Global Engagement and Insights Manager with the collation of learning resources, and the research and development of new learning resources for the Network, including toolkit migration project, SG Story documentation, and SGI intranet.
- Assisting the Global Communications Manager with desk research, press contacts updating, social media, mailouts and website updating, including content creation & collation, and press monitoring and logging activity in Connect, the Network’s digital platform.
- Assisting with various other projects and research as required.
- Co-ordination of printed and promotional materials prior to international meetings.
KEY SKILLS AND APTITUDES
- A motivated, ambitious self-starter.
- Ability to work flexibly, problem solve and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable, proactive and highly organised, with a strong aptitude for project management and office admin.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to be diplomatic
- Fully fluent with Google Docs, Google Drive and MS Office. Some web-design and photo editing skills desirable, but not required.
- Strong general IT skills and an ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Financial administration support experience essential.
- A keen interest in public science engagement and/or the arts is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in managing contacts using CRM packages (such as Salesforce).
- Appreciation and understanding of the international aspect of the role – support to the SGI team may be necessary in different time zones and varied cultures.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and scheduling.
- Ability to manage and prioritise meetings and tasks on the behalf of the extended team.
- Proficiency in other languages would be advantageous but is by no means essential.
Due to the international nature of SGI’s work, successful applicant may be occasionally required to work non-office hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply in confidence by email only with covering letter outlining your motivation, key experience and suitability for the role, and CV, to Sarah Durcan, Global Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Application email must include this subject line: ‘SGI Admin Officer position’. Deadline for applications Friday 19 October 12pm. Provisional date for first round interviews is 23rd October.
Salary range: €25,000-€28,000 p.a., dependent on experience
Term: 1 year contract
Annual Leave: 21 days p.a.